Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Questions and more questions

“How?” Guna asked.
“That’s the problem. I need your advice.” I pleaded. “She asked me to get the Indian priest from the local temple tonight.”
“Tonight?” Thaila asked.
I answered, “Yes, tonight.”
“Then how can we help?”
“I don’t know the priest but you do. So please help me. Can you help me?
Gopal asked, “How can we do that?”
“Well, we have to convince the priest to go there; I mean the tamarind tree tonight and help the poor souls.” I said.
Thaila volunteered, “I’ll do the talking and persuading but I need you support. But how can we prove it to him? He wouldn’t just believe our words.”
“Ah… I nearly forgot. She told me to look for two rings under the staircase at the back of her house.”
Ravi quickly added, “Let’s go now. It’s still early and bright. It’s not so scary.”

No comments: