Thursday, August 6, 2009

My prayer and hope

"Go away! Leave these two souls alone!" I begged.
"Let them be united and be happy." My heart cried out.
My four buddies were crying and whimpering like little puppies. I could divide my attention. I had no time for them. I knew that my role was of major importance. They were just witness to a great event in their lives.
The girl moved forward and all the time she was begging the priest. She knelt and got up a few times as she approached the priest. Then the unexpected happened.
A bolt of lightning flashed out and struck. For an instant I was dazed. When I regained consciousness, I saw the boy on the ground under the tree. He crept slowly probabl;y he was injured by the lightning. The girl was beside him and helping him up. It was a really sorrowful scene; like a sad love story that was about to end. Was that the end of the whole affair? No, it couldn't be.
The end was yet to come.
I stood at the landing of the staircase. Instantly I knelt and put my palms together and prayed.
"God, have mercy. Let them be united. Let them be. Let them be together. Be merciful."
I was not sure what I was praying. I guessed those were the words of my prayer, more or less.

No comments: